Private Event Option 2- Wax Carving & Sand Casting & Polishing Workshop
For those who know for sure that they want to have their wax carvings transformed into silver, and want to be a part of the process every step of the way!
You can gather a group of your favorite people to share a day together full of creating and alchemy!
(Minimum Groups of 3 and up to 10 people)
You would come to the Rings and Rituals Studio
3-5 People = 230 dollars per person*
5-10 People = 200 dollars per person*
* This covers the cost of the workshop, all materials, and a silver ring. Everything is included.
- Carve your ring/pendant out of a hard wax
- Achieve your desired thickness, texture, and size
- Textures- One of the most alluring benefits of hand carving your own rings or pendants is the ability to truly customize the texture and surface design of your creation. You can utilize heirloom textiles to create pattern/tactile effects. You can carve more organic shapes to fit specifically around other rings. You can create unique forms that can vary from smooth to rough. You can bring in some sentimental sand from your favorite beach, river shore, or mountaintop to add to the casting process to give a beautiful and unexpected surface grain. You can even add dried flowers into the casting process to capture the essence of a sentimental memory.
- Learn about the sand casting method
- Pack your sand
- Measure out and melt your silver with a torch
- Cast your creation
- Clean and polish your jewelry
*Please be aware that the sand casting method has limitations in what is possible to create, feel free to discuss your ideas and we will determine together if we can achieve your desired outcome