- Workshops & Events
- Remembrance Ring Workshop (Hand Carved & Hand Cast)
Remembrance Ring Workshop (Hand Carved & Hand Cast)
310 520 $310.00 - $520.00
Material Fee (estimated $300 to $1000 range per ring based on metal choice, thickness, and size of band) *We will come up with a more refined estimate during our Zoom Consultation Meeting
= TOTAL COST
For those who want to incorporate a lost loved one's ashes into the casting process.
- Carve your ring(s) out of a hard wax
- Achieve your desired thickness, texture, and size
- Textures- One of the most alluring benefits of hand carving and hand casting your own memorial band is the ability to truly customize the texture and surface design of your creation. You can utilize heirloom textiles to create pattern/tactile effects. You can create unique forms that can vary from smooth to rough. You can bring in some sentimental sand from your favorite beach, river shore, or mountaintop to add to the casting process to give a beautiful and unexpected surface grain. You can even add dried flowers into the casting process to capture the essence of a sentimental memory.
- You will add your loved ones ashes (only a small amount is necessary) to the casting process
- Melt your metal down
- Cast your wax ring utilizing the sand casting method
- Clean and polish your ring to the desired shine and appearance
Workshops typically run about 4-5 hours from start to finish, but can oftentimes run a bit longer. You will walk away holding (or wearing) your finished rings!