- Workshops & Events
- May 22, 2021 - Wax Carving & Sand Casting Combo Workshop
May 22, 2021 - Wax Carving & Sand Casting Combo Workshop
Saturday, May 22
10am -4 pm
Do you want to create a beautiful ring or pendant, and be a part of the hands-on process every step of the way? You will walk away that day with your creation!
Come join us at the Rings and Rituals Studio and spend the day creating, both in the studio and outside in the garden!
Cost-$230 dollars per person
* This covers the cost of the workshop, all materials, and a silver ring. Everything is included
- Carve your ring/pendant out of a hard wax
- Achieve your desired thickness, texture, and size
- Textures- One of the most alluring benefits of hand carving your own rings or pendants is the ability to truly customize the texture and surface design of your creation. You can utilize heirloom textiles to create pattern/tactile effects. You can carve more organic shapes to fit specifically around other rings. You can create unique forms that can vary from smooth to rough. You can bring in some sentimental sand from your favorite beach, river shore, or mountaintop to add to the casting process to give a beautiful and unexpected surface grain. You can even add dried flowers into the casting process to capture the essence of a sentimental memory.
- Learn about the sand casting method
- Pack your sand
- Measure out and melt your silver with a torch
- Cast your creation
- Clean and polish your jewelry