- Workshops & Events
- Custom Jewelry Workshop (Hand Carved & Hand Cast)
Custom Jewelry Workshop (Hand Carved & Hand Cast)
310 520 $310.00 - $520.00
Material Fee (estimated $300 to $1000 range per ring/pendant based on metal choice, thickness, and size of band) *We will come up with a more refined estimate during our Zoom Consultation Meeting
= TOTAL COST
Custom Jewelry Workshop
- Do you have an idea for a ring or small pendant you want to create and need help bringing your idea to fruition?
- Do you want to experience the wax carving and sand casting methods just for fun?
- Do you want a unique and special memory of learning and creating with a friend or family member?
This is the workshop for YOU!
- Carve your ring/pendant out of a hard wax
- Achieve your desired thickness, texture, and size
- Textures- One of the most alluring benefits of hand carving and hand casting your own wedding bands is the ability to truly customize the texture and surface design of your creation. You can utilize heirloom textiles to create pattern/tactile effects. You can carve more organic shapes to fit specifically around other rings. You can create unique forms that can vary from smooth to rough. You can bring in some sentimental sand from your favorite beach, river shore, or mountaintop to add to the casting process to give a beautiful and unexpected surface grain. You can even add dried flowers into the casting process to capture the essence of a sentimental memory.
- Melt your metal down
- Cast your wax ring/pendant utilizing the sand casting method
- Clean and polish your ring/pendant to the desired shine and appearance
Workshops typically run about 4-5 hours from start to finish, but can oftentimes run a bit longer. You will walk away holding (or wearing) your finished ring/pendant!